Biba Logo landlord insurance from Portwood's - title picture Biba Logo

Home > compare landlords house insurance > Definition professional lets.

What is a professional let for landlord insurance?

For comparing landlord insurance, we define a professional let as property let to an individual or family where the rental agreement is for a period of at least 6 months, the agreement is directly with the tenant and the tenant pays the rent in full to you as landlord. The tenant does not have to have a 'professional' job.

We can offer unemployment/ accident/ sickness cover on the tenant if they qualify so that if the tenant loses their income, the rent can be paid directly to you. You may wish to consider this option as part of the rental agreement. 

Policies normally offer the options of covering:-

  • The buildings

  • Landlords contents (NOT those of tenants! - we offer a separate policy)

  • Property owners liability

and some contracts may be extended to include accidental damage to the buildings and employers liability. 

For a cheap landlord insurance quote for professional lets click the box, or the link to compare our landlords insurance premiums.

Buy Online

Click for your quote for landlord insurance Maximum buildings sum insured 1,000,000
Maximum contents sum insured 150,000

Quotes : landlord contents insurance | Holiday Home Insurance | Buy to Let Insurance | Unoccupied Property Insurance

For your landlords household insurance quote (or return to our main selection page) click on this link

If you need help or assistance please contact us on 01388 607140 and we can discuss your needs.

Full list of insurance products available