Biba Logo landlord insurance for students Biba Logo

Landlord Insurance: student lets

For landlord insurance, we define a Student let as a property let to more than one student. These properties normally have several students, usually each with a single room, but the cooking facilities must be shared. These properties are frequently unoccupied when the students are down and appropriate regular checks should be undertaken to minimise the chance of a damage to the house.

Policies normally offer the options of covering:-

  • The buildings - with or without accidental damage.

  • Landlords contents (NOT those of the students - which must be covered separately)

  • Property owners liability

and some contracts may be extended to include accidental damage to the buildings and employers liability. Rates may depend on the number of students in the property.

You can obtain quotes for landlords insurance for student lets and online quotes for all forms of buy to let/ unoccupied property below. Please note that we may require confirmation that you have registered with your Local Authority under the 2004 housing act if your house qualifies as a 'HMO' Home of Multiple Occupation (Usually 3 stories or more and let to 5 or more people.

Our standard landlord insurance covering students can now be purchased online. The rates are extremely cheap (a 100,000 house can be insured for less than 100) and can cover accidental damage to the property and landlords contents should it be so required. There is a standard excess of 75.00 which can be increased to 150 or 250 as required. Use the link below to compare our landlord insurance and obtain a cheap insurance quote.

Quote and Buy Online

Click for your quote for landlord insurance Maximum buildings sum insured 3,000,000
Maximum contents sum insured 150,000
Higher sums on request

Key facts | Policy Wording


If the sums to be insured exceed 3,000,000 on the buildings then alternative policies are available. Please contact us on 01388 607140 and our friendly staff will assess your requirements and make a suitable recommendation.

Multi Property Landlord Insurance

Any number of properties may be catered for on our online system and purchase made if the total sum insured is less than 3,000,000. Up to 10,000,000 we will refer to underwriters and in excess of 10,000,000 we will look at other markets (we have quite a few) for premiums/ cover. Our quotation system also covers landlords of shops/ offices and single-tenure commercial risks.

Home Page (Landlord Insurance)

Duty to disclose Facts under any contract of insurance

Please read this IMPORTANT NOTICE about requirements. We accept no liability for any loss that occurs due to your failure to comply.