Portwood Logo

FAQ | Policy (lived in) | Policy (holiday use) | Key Facts (lived in) | Key Facts (holiday Use) | About us

Park Home Insurance

  •  This insurance is suitable for park homes that may be a permanent residence, used by friends/ family or let out.

  • Quotes for your own home insurance or for unoccupied property insurance are available

  •  If the park home is let out then you must comply with legal requirements - in particular annual checks on gas and regular checks on electrical fittings and obeying fire prevention guidelines. If the park home is let furnished, an inventory signed by the tenant should be obtained.

  • The park home is insured either under our standard home insurance contract (if the proposer resides there) or our property owner's insurance policy (if used as holiday/ second home - including let as a going concern). In each case the definition 'buildings' applies to the park home at the address indicated.


Unacceptable Risks

Refer Risks - cover not available online

We are unable to quote on this scheme for the following:

If your occupation is one of the following:

  1. Amusement arcade owners / workers
  2. Bookmakers and turf accountants
  3. Casino and gaming establishments staff
  4. Circus and fairground owners / workers
  5. Debt collectors
  6. Fashion and photographic models
  7. Foreign forces personnel
  8. Itinerant traders and travellers
  9. Money lenders and pawnbrokers
  10. Professional sports persons
  11. Proprietors / employees of bars and night-clubs
  12. Scrap / general dealers and merchants
  13. Show business personnel

If the park home

  1. Is situated outside Great Britain, Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands and Isle of Man
  2. Is not in a good state of repair
  3. Is showing signs of damage
  4. Is let for a period of less than six months (agreement with tenant or organisation in control of tenants)
  5. If occupied by asylum seekers - is not let to G4S or Local/ National Government
  6. Is not to be insured - just the contents,
We may be able to quote on this scheme - please complete the form. In many cases you will be able to 'plead your case' if there are mitigating circumstances or substantial changes have been made to improve the risk.
  1. You have had previous insurance declined, cancelled or had special terms imposed by an insurer.
  2. You (or any member of your family residing with you) has
    1. been convicted or charged with or received a caution for any criminal offence other than motoring offences
    2. any unsatisfied County Court Judgement
    3. been made bankrupt
  3. You have suffered (whether covered by insurance or not) on the park home to be covered
    1. Any losses in respect of subsidence, landslip or heave
    2. Any loss in respect of flood
    3. Any loss over 5,000 in the last three years
    4. Two or more losses in the last twelve months
    5. Three or more losses in the last three years
    6. Any liability claim
  4. Where you have held previous insurance that has expired more than 30 days prior to commencement of cover
  5. The park home is
    1. not of standard manufacture or construction
    2. communicating with or forms part of a business premises
    3. in an area specially exposed to storm
    4. in an area specially exposed to flood
    5. in an area specially exposed to subsidence or landslip