Portwood Logo

Unoccupied Property Insurance - SAGIC scheme

This unoccupied property insurance is suitable for all types of unoccupied residential property in the UK. This includes:

  • Unoccupied Property awaiting sale

  • Unoccupied Property between tenancies

  • Unoccupied Property being refurbished or to move in.

  • Unoccupied Investment Property.

Please confirm that you have read the information below. (If you don't qualify we have other schemes available, please call us). If the proposal is acceptable to us then immediate cover is available. A quick quote facility is available

Unacceptable Risks

Refer Risks - cover not available online

We are unable to quote on this scheme for the following:

If your occupation is one of the following:

  1. Air crew, hostesses and stewards
  2. Amusement arcade owners / workers
  3. Bookmakers and turf accountants
  4. Casino and gaming establishments staff
  5. Circus and fairground owners / workers
  6. Debt collectors
  7. Fashion and photographic models
  8. Foreign forces personnel
  9. Itinerant traders and travellers
  10. Jewellers and furriers
  11. Market / street traders
  12. Money lenders and pawnbrokers
  13. Professional photographers
  14. Professional sports persons
  15. Proprietors / employees of bars and night-clubs
  16. Scrap / general dealers and merchants
  17. Show business personnel

If the property

  1. Is situated outside Great Britain, Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands and Isle of Man
  2. Is not in a good state of repair
  3. Is showing signs of damage
The fact that the property is undergoing renovation does not ipso facto mean that it cannot be insured.

If buildings cover is not required - unless the property is a single flat or maisonette in a block that has cover arranged independently.

We may be able to quote on this scheme - please complete the form. In many cases you will be able to 'plead your case' if there are mitigating circumstances or substantial changes have been made to improve the risk.
  1. You have had previous insurance declined, cancelled or had special terms imposed by an insurer.
  2. You (or any member of your family residing with you) has
    1. been convicted or charged with or received a caution for any criminal offence other than motoring offences
    2. any unsatisfied County Court Judgement
    3. been made bankrupt
  3. You have suffered (whether covered by insurance or not) on the property to be insured
    1. Any losses in respect of subsidence, landslip or heave
    2. Any loss in respect of flood
    3. Any loss over 5,000 in the last three years
    4. Two or more losses in the last twelve months
    5. Three or more losses in the last three years
    6. Any liability claim
  4. Where you have held previous insurance that has expired more than 30 days prior to commencement of cover
  5. Your occupation is one of the following
    1. Antique dealer
    2. Childminder
    3. Diplomatic / Embassy staff
    4. Merchant Seaman
    5. Musician
    6. Oil Rig Worker
  6. The building is
    1. not built of brick, stone or concrete and roofed with slates or tiles (flat roofs of bitumen/ felt/ concrete or EPDM are acceptable)
    2. built before 1700 and/ or is a listed building
    3. used for business purposes
    4. communicating with or forms part of a business premises
    5. in an area specially exposed to storm
    6. in an area specially exposed to flood
    7. in an area specially exposed to subsidence or landslip
    8. a mobile or leisure home where it is not your main residence