Insurance for second homes Landlords insurance buildings and let property Holiday homes

What is a second home (own use)?

We define second home insurance (own use) as an insurance policy meeting the demands and needs of a person who owns a holiday home, but who does not let out the home but uses it solely for their own enjoyment. We also consider it own use if the property is used by friends or other family members providing that no element of profit is involved in any payment

Policies normally offer the options of covering:-

  • The buildings

  • Your contents (not those of friends!)

  • Property owners liability

and some homeowners insurance contracts may be extended to include accidental damage to the buildings and contents.

Please note that these policies frequently exclude valuables - such as gold, jewellery etc. Full details will be provided on the key-facts document we send you. If this is the case we recommend you extend your own house insurance policy to an all-risks basis to cover valuables away from your main home.

line marker
Click for your quote for landlord insurance Maximum buildings sum insured 1,000,000
Maximum contents sum insured 50,000
Higher sums available on request

line marker

landlords Home Insurance | landlords Insurance