house insurance cheap home insurance house insurance

Home  insurance contents and buildings

Cheap home insurance

House insurance is available for both your home contents and buildings. We offer a range of cheap home insurance quotes that are connected with home ownership. If you are a tenant contents only cover is available.

Options include extended warranty (or home appliance insurance) - electrical/ tv (plasma tv insurance) and personal possessions cover. If you let our your house cheap cover is available for landlords. We also cover let properties, unoccupied houses second houses and property abroad.

House insurance for home buildings and contents House insurance policies suitable for your needs as a house owner. We can cater for people with claims or unusual property. Non standard risks such as subsidence risks or thatched roofs (on application) can be quoted. 

Quotes are available for buildings and contents - this link is suitable for houses in the UK only


extended warranty insurance for domestic appliances in UK

House insurance policies do not cover wear and tear or mechanical breakdown to domestic appliances.

Our Extended warranty plan  can cover up to 5 appliances under one policy. Rates for our extended warranty insurance policy are much cheaper than found on the high street.

 Please note that domestic appliance e.g. television, cooker, fridge etc are a year old. The price is 9.99 a month  (11.04 to include a plasma tv). This policy has a 40 excess and excludes general wear and tear but does offer very good value for money.
Home Appliance and extended warranty cover 


student possessions for halls of residence, shared accommodation, bedsits Student personal possessions insurance. Your parents house insurance policy may be extended to cover your contents. As a student you should check. If not we offer this personal possessions policy (suitable for other occupations not only students). 

Discounts are available for living in halls of residence or not in a city.
Student Personal Possessions, Flats, Bed-sits, Shared Accommodation, Halls of Residence and Sheltered Accommodation.

forces kit cover for HM forces Self Build Insurance. Your need for a house insurance policy may start before you move in. If you Build your own home you may need self build insurance. Our self build insurance can cater for the needs of those who intend to build their own home.
high net worth home insurance High Net Worth Insurance- High net worth insurance is house insurance for people who have large sums of buildings and contents to be insured e.g. large country houses, manor houses etc and who also may have collections of valuables, jewelry, antique furniture etc. The cover provided is usually much wider than a normal house insurance policy and in view of the specialist nature of the product we recommend that customers contact us directly for advice and a free quotation.

You have a duty to insure for the correct amount. Failure to do so could reduce any claim you may have.

We can insure the following types of property.

  1. Your second or holiday home - including holiday homes aboard
  2. Unoccupied properties in UK - e.g. being renovated or the demise of occupant
  3. Tenanted landlords properties - to professionals, DSS, students, asylum seekers etc.
  4. Property overseas - in Eire, Spain, Portugal, Cyprus and France - your own and let out
  5. Purpose built flats
  6. Non standard e.g. thatch / previously underpinned

Special policies are available for large properties - mansions etc and for people who have large sums to insure on their contents. These 'high net worth'  policies can't be quoted for on-line. 

Please contact us on 01388 607140 if you feel your buildings and contents deserve a "high net worth" policy.

Income protection insurance | Mortgage protection insurance | Accident sickness unemployment insurance

Forces Kit cover for forces kit. Personal possessions for enlisted personnel may be more suited.

Personal possessions. For  students, nurses and other people living in digs, halls of residence, shared property and bed-sits.

You should consider extended warranty. It covers electrical goods kept in your home.



end of page deliminator

B Portwood & Company landlords Insurance Home Page - an overview of the site and types of policy on offer.

Home insurance related links and a new car and home insurance page

Related links

Domestic appliance extended warranty | Personal possessions - students etc | second home and holiday home , let and unoccupied property

landlords insurance

Buy to let insurance and cheap single trip/ annual travel insurance is available from our home page.