landlord insurance property insurance

landlord property insurance

Overseas Holiday Home Insurance

Your overseas holiday home insurance for buildings in France, Portugal, Spain and Eire (Maximum sums insured : Buildings 500,000 Contents 50000). We only offer a single policy for this type of cover.

Overseas Holiday Home Insurance Quotes abroad

Overseas holiday home-  French holiday home property insurance,   Spain, Portugal, Cyprus and Eire - Cover for both your main residence and holiday apartments whether you let it out or not - overseas premiums, being for locations abroad are subject to appropriate taxes (included) - which range from 2% in Eire to 28% in France.

Policy cover


A Full policy wording is available if requested before going on cover and will be issued with a schedule if you do decide to take out our policy.
Location of Property Premiums will include applicable taxes
Type of Property If you only let the home to friends and family would not be considered a Holiday Let
Buildings sum insured  
Contents sum insured Contents only policies are available e.g. for apartments
All risks (max 7,500) Only available if this is your main residence
Liability 1,000,000   Provided Free  

Please note the following about our policy:-



We offer quotes for residential buy to let property in the UK (London, England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland) - whether in Birmingham, Glasgow, Belfast or in more rural locations. We offer a range of policies for any type of client.

Once you obtain the quote for your property and have any queries about our cover or the provider then we can help you find the type of policy you need. Call us on 01388 607140.

You may find further information about other aspects of ownership at LandlordZone

B. Portwood & Co Ltd are brokers that give advice about the policies we offer. This means that there is an obligation to ensure that a policy is recommended that meets your demands and needs. It also means that reasonable steps are taken to find out what those needs are.

This means, therefore, that although a cheap price is often a key feature in deciding the product  wanted, there may be times  the product that you have chosen is not the most suitable one for you- this would mainly be in the cover provided but may be for other reasons - e.g. for unoccupied property it could be that the insurer would impose a heavy cancellation charge. This is because a range of companies are available to us targeted at different requirements and by co-incidence a product targeted at one group comes up cheapest for another.

You can be assured, though, that  full reasons will be given for the recommendation when the written confirmation is sent and we are only too pleased to discuss matters over the phone if you need clarification of any of the information that we have provided.

Payment of the premium will be required before we go on cover as well as the return of the proposal form, duly completed and signed - again if you have any queries about the information requested please feel free to contact us.

Once we have the form and payment (which can be made over the phone by credit card (for which a small fee is made)) or debit card, your landlords property insurance will be arranged and confirmation that you are on cover sent as soon as we have had confirmation. You must not assume you are on cover purely because you have sent the generated form to us.