Insurance products for UK residents

Travel Insurance and Strikes

The announcement that you can still buy travel insurance to cover you against strike action by BA over Easter is mainly an attempt to get free press publicity.

Our advice is. You should buy travel insurance as soon as you have booked your holiday to ensure that cancellation cover starts immediately. Make sure that the travel insurance you bought covers industrial action. If not you may have to purchase a new policy - and there won't be a refund if the old policy was bought more than 14 days ago. (The extra cost may make you decide in the future to buy a decent travel insurance policy though a broker rather than one online with no cover! Buy Cheap - buy twice!)

We have already commented on the danger of buying annual travel insurance to commence on the date of your first trip.

For more information contact JB Portwood

Return to article listHome page with information on comparing landlords insurance  : all products